This Privacy Statement sets out how CIO Connect complies with European Union data protection requirements. This applies to the entire website.
CIO Connect is committed to respecting your privacy. Once you choose to provide us with any information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. For your protection, we are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 and have given all appropriate notifications to the Information Commissioner.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Changes to personal details such as name and address when you complete the ‘My Profile’ section.
- when you register for events you may have the option to provide us with additional event related information – eg dietary requirements
- We record information about key activities performed on our website, eg events registered for, documents downloaded. This information is used for site usage data analysis in order to deliver a better service to our members.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular, for the following reasons:
- To deliver the services that form part of your membership
- To facilitate networking within the membership
- Internal record keeping.
- To improve our products and services.
When you use this site, and have not advised us to the contrary, you are agreeing that we may use your personal information for the purposes described above.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law.
The My Profile section of the website allows you to review and update the main pieces of information we hold about you.
If you are listed in a Member Directory you may review your listing and change how your personal information is displayed to other members in that directory.
You may request details of personal information, which we hold about you, under the Data Protection Act of 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on your please write to:
21 Whitefriars Street
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write or e-mail us as soon as possible to the above address. We will correct any information that was found to be incorrect promptly.