In the new age of wide availability and access to technology, making use of the opportunities of digital technology has become important to everyone in the leadership team, not just the CIO and IT function.
To adapt to this change, technology leaders need to engage more closely with their business colleagues and work to promote new ways to generate value through improved customer experience. This will inevitably lead to radical changes in the way that products and services are delivered.
One of the key requirements for success within this area is the ability to promote a culture of effective business sponsorship of IT projects across the organisation. This is the area where the CIO must take an active role.
- Identifying the implications of digital operation and digital customer experience programmes.
- Reviewing the business opportunities arising from Everything-as-a-service.
- Supporting the business to manage the change required for successful evolution.
- Reviewing the right approach for business sponsorship for your organisation.
- Creating project leadership structures that engage the key players in the organisation.
- Training sponsors in delivering their role effectively.
CIO Connect publish regular ‘Point of View’ documents – here are links to a selection of recent documents related to business engagement:
Agile methods are becoming increasingly useful and effective in delivering the speed of change now required – but this can be complex.
Effective sponsorship requires careful analysis and structuring of projects – here’s how.
What is innovation, why is it important and how can CIOs help the business make the most of business improvement?
Case Study – Cardiff University
What was achieved
Through the programme of work the client has been successful in delivering in parallel on a number of strategic issues, including:
• delivery of an initial programme to provide platform for the full university IT service;
• acknowledged improvement in service through implementation of structural and process changes to deliver more mature service managers and business partnership;
• capability improvements and increased resilience of a senior manager group;
• functional leadership within the enabling services group of functions for the university.
“We have been working with Alistair Russell and his colleagues at CIO Connect for over two years now. CIO Connect provide a powerful combination of consulting services for me, my senior team and our extended senior management team. Specifically, we have got great value from:
• Alistair’s regular, monthly participation as a “non-executive director”;
• Coaching and mentoring of key members of senior team;
• Independent assurance of our transformation programme;
• Combined facilitation and provision of subject management expertise in key areas;
What we appreciate most about working with CIO Connect is their unique ability to apply their insight from extensive cross-sector experience with excellent consulting skills to be a “critical friend” for me and my senior team”
Director of IS Services, Cardiff University