Alison Booth (Advisor)
Main Focus of Consulting Work:
• Business Transformation, Outsourcing and Programme Management
• Programme Assurance and Mentoring for major programmes
• Innovative “Hack” events and workshops for digital leadership
Over 20 years experience in business transformation and programme management working in the private and public sector. Alison worked as a management consultant with Ernst & Young and then went on to join the management team of a Capgemini service line of 1300 people providing application management services. Since 2005, she has been working as a business consultant and project coach, both directly with clients and as a Non-Executive Director of NixonBrooke.
Her clients come from all sectors and often have pan European and global presence. They include Balfour Beatty, Avis Budget Group, DTZ, General Motors, RSA Insurance and Allianz. She has worked extensively in Europe and also in India on offshoring projects.
• Intermediate Diploma in Executive Coaching
• Consulting to Organisational Change, Cranfield University
• BSc (Hons), Computer Science, Warwick University (UK)
Selection of relevant project experience:
• Business Transformation specialist providing assurance for major clients. Examples include assurance review for a merger between 2 global companies based in the UK and US, review of a global oracle ERP implementation to support people and finance transformations for a high street retailer, assurance of a IT Shared Services implementation for a University.
• Global divestment project manager for IT network and security separation working to tight deadlines and public divestment date. Teams in US, Europe and with global outsourcing partner Verizon.
• Service design of HR Shared Services for 10 businesses, 35,000 employees.
• Programme Director for IT Transformation, budget c. £34m, benefits c. £19m, teams 120. Included implementation of the future IT operating model moving from local European IT to a central and shared services model taking into account benefits of collaboration with new US parent and outsourcing supplier in India.
• IS retained organisation implementation for major insurance company.
• Turnaround of a $40m business critical project impacting core business for a car rental company, enabling business expansion. Involved coordination of changes to over 400 applications, across 11 European countries and 108 licensees globally.
• Led transition to a new IT operating model for a major central government department including reduction in headcount of 1200 by approx 60% and rationalisation of 40+ locations to a NW hub.